today's 6.1 would not boot here

Ulrich Spoerlein q at galgenberg.net
Sat Mar 11 02:05:46 GMT 2006

Ulrich Spörlein wrote:
> p/s: my laptop is dying, falling harddrive (bloody seagate), fsck like
> there's no tomorrow, lost so many things, nearly lost everything I've
> done to improve sound driver. A bad day.
>
> Bad.. bad day.

Hi Ariff,

You may want to check out net/unison. It's a two-way rsync and damn
handy to backup your work to a remote location. I always use this on my
laptop before leaving the house with it (in case it get's stolen) and
after a days work (in case it won't boot up in the morning).

Really, try it out. Makes you sleep better ... aaahh sleep :)

Ulrich Spoerlein

PS: Yes this is a selfish post, I just don't want Ariff's work to get
lost. FreeBSD already lost MIDI support ...
--
 PGP Key ID: 20FEE9DD				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: AEC9 AF5E 01AC 4EE1 8F70  6CBD E76E 2227 20FE E9DD