usb audio and a 1 channel input device

Fri Mar 10 03:08:40 PST 2006

Bart van Leeuwen <bart at bartsplace.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:12:25 +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote
>> Kazuhito HONDA <kazuhito at ph.noda.tus.ac.jp> wrote:
>>
>> > If your USB controller is uhci, you should do 1) below only.
>> > But yours os ohci, you should 1) and 2).
>> >
>> > 1) Comment out these lines in a function "uaudio_init_params()" of
>> > a file "/usr/src/sys/dev/sound/usb/uaudio.c":
>> >         if ((sc->sc_playchan.pipe != NULL) || (sc->sc_recchan.pipe
>> != NULL))
>> >                return (-1);
>>
>> Is there a sane way here if we are on a uhci or ohci chipset? I
>> would prefer to check it and allow it if we are on an uhci chipset.
>
> I believe the change is relevant to both cases?

Sort of. With the driver of hps, you can remove it entirely, but with the
driver in the base system, we have the restriction to only remove this code
for an uhci chipset (since the ohci driver has problems with this duplex
operation). So hps should provide a patch with his driver which remove this
code.

Bye,
Alexander.

JUSTICE: