ports/86899: multimedia/mjpegtools - lavplay/glav claims "No video source!"

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Thu Jun 29 12:15:12 UTC 2006

Quoting michael johnson <ahze at ahze.net>:

> On 6/28/06, Jeremy Messenger <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> The following reply was made to PR ports/86899; it has been noted by
>> GNATS.
>>
>> From: "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net>
>> To: bug-followup at freebsd.org, adamk at voicenet.com
>> Subject: Re: ports/86899: multimedia/mjpegtools - lavplay/glav claims "No
>> video source!"
>> Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 13:07:46 -0500
>>
>> Is there by any chance I can get that sample.avi? I can upload it in my
>> freefall account and leave it alone until someone solve it. I think I will
>> trying to play with it too.
>

> this was sent to me a while back
> http://people.freebsd.org/~ahze/sample.avi
>
> Cheers,
>> Mezz

Hi Mezz,

I can understand your frustration but unfortunately can't help except
by confirming that on my old AMD Athlon box with 512M of memory,
running up-to-date current7.0 that it seems to be working fine.

I actually downloaded this and complied the mjpegtools-1.8.0_2 to prove
to myself that I have memory problems on this machine so I tested it
while building world, moving my complete ncvs directory to a new disk
partition and it worked without a problem except for expectedly
reporting a slow disk ;) and on a machine that I can't run pear on
anymore because of a "Segmentation Fault" everytime I run the pear
command. (my frustration)

# lavplay sample.avi
lavplay1.8.0
lavtools version 1.8.0
++ WARN: [lavplay] Disk too slow, can not keep pace!Diff: -0.008038
++ WARN: [lavplay] Disk too slow, can not keep pace!Diff: -0.014983
++ WARN: [lavplay] Disk too slow, can not keep pace!Diff: -0.024591

Deleting quicktime codecs

Sorry and good luck.

ed