DViCO FusionHDTV5 tuner support?

Anish Mistry mistry.7 at osu.edu
Wed Jun 14 02:47:46 UTC 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 09:48, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> Dieter wrote this message on Wed, May 10, 2006 at 13:47 +0100:
> > John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> > > My bktrau driver for the DViCO FusionHDTV5 Lite

> > > I'd suggest NOT to use a kernel interface.. they are expensive
> > > to maintain, and harder to shoehorn things like USB web cams
> > > into...
> >
> > So... the DViCO FusionHDTV5 tuner is supported now?  Any
> > problems? Is the USB version supported?
>
> Just the Lite PCI card version...  I do have a bit of reception
> problem, but I think that's just because my set top box is much
> better at hiding errors, and most MPEG-TS players don't hide errors
> by default.. :(
>
> I have no clue about the USB version..  Though since the tuner part
> is in userland, you could take my program and add the necesary ugen
> interface for reading data...
FYI, I just received the DViCO FusionHDTV5 USB Gold today along with a
proper antenna.  I'm trying to get DViCO to cough up the
documentation right now.  Basically it seems that you need to
download the bluebird firmware to the device, which will cause the
device to initialize and expose the ugen endpoint(s).  Hopefully I
can get the docs.  After that it should be pretty straight forward
since there will be no need to muck around with kernel stuff.

--
Anish Mistry