bktr problems

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Sun Jun 11 11:21:05 UTC 2006

On Sunday 11 June 2006 10:23, Naram Qashat wrote:
> I've been having problems with my bktr-based TV Tuner card.  It's a
> Hauppauge WinTV GO-Plus, and a pretty recent model too.  Next is the
> messages for the driver upon bootup:
>
> bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xdc000000-0xdc000fff irq 11 at device 9.0 on
> pci1
> bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> bktr0: Hauppauge Model 29440  @ %
> bktr0: Warning - Unknown Hauppauge Tuner 0xd5

/usr/src/sys/dev/bktr/bktr_card.c has some interesting comments about (some?)
bt878 based cards that have an EEPROM. In short: they've been broken by the
time MT2032 tuner support was added, and they're still broken. I've had
similar problems with an (old) WinCast TV card; it stopped working somewhere
around FreeBSD-5.3 or so, also because tuner detection fails and it can't be
bullied into using the correct one with sysctl. I tried to raise the issue
several times but never got a response.

Dan