HDA sound driver mod for sigmatel 92xx

Mon Jul 17 15:20:00 UTC 2006

Quoting Eric Anderson <anderson at centtech.com> (from Mon, 17 Jul 2006
09:25:27 -0500):

>  It all goes to the people who have the
> commit bits, and core I'm sure.

I doubt core will voice an opinion here. Maybe a core team member has
one, but most probably he will not speak up while wearing the core-hat.

Currently only a handful of people are working in the sound code.
Ariff is MIA ATM, I mostly commit work by other people and mentor a
Google SoC student in the sound area, and the rest of the people which
help, don't have a commit bit.

> Me personally, I'd love for it to be part of the base, as long as it
> makes sense.  It seems to be working ok for me too.

I will not commit anything, until the initial author gives his
blessing. He started the driver, didn't had time in the last weeks
because of ... moving into another house IIRC, and stil has interest
to continue. I'm sure he will use as much as possible of those patches
as soon as he returns (so the work isn't lost). He at least has email
access now. We don't die when we wait a little bit... I hope. ;-)

Bye,
Alexander.

--
You can write a small letter to Grandma in the filename.
		-- Forbes Burkowski, CS, University of Washington