HDA sound driver mod for sigmatel 92xx

Mon Jul 17 15:12:38 UTC 2006

Quoting Daniel Eischen <deischen at freebsd.org> (from Mon, 17 Jul 2006
10:17:04 -0400 (EDT)):

> On Mon, 17 Jul 2006, Eric Anderson wrote:

>> I think this driver is considered a hack at this point, and if so,
>> it won't ever be committed.  It might become a real driver at some
>> point, and then be committed, but at this stage I think it just
>> barely works. :)
>
> That's funny, it works very well for me -- at least with mplayer.

It works. But it's just a quick hack. It differes from the design
Stephane has in mind. Currently everything is put into a large basket
and it works (like a linux distribution where you get apache, mysql,
postfix, an imap server, ... out of the box; it works, but the indent
here is to not deliver a bag of stuff you don't need). Let's give him
some days/weeks to get some time to have a look at it.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Teamwork is essential -- it allows you to blame someone else.