today's 6.1 would not boot here

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 28 11:47:35 PST 2006

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:02:06 -0500
Mikhail Teterin <mi+mxe at aldan.algebra.com> wrote:
> õ ×Ô, 2006-02-28 Õ 09:30 -0700, Scott Long ÐÉÛÅ:
> > >
> > > This one still hangs on boot on my system :-(
>
> > And the only thing that you have to do to make the problem go away
> > is disable the sound hardware?
>
> Correct. Although I can not rule out some other possible
> workaround...

How about all my other suggestion? The "Remove all sound driver from
the kernel (yes, including sound_load="YES" and snd_ich_load="YES"
from /boot/loader.conf) , enable your "hardware" sound device, boot,
and use kldload sound ; kldload snd_ich?"

I'm suspecting something else.

p/s: my laptop is dying, falling harddrive (bloody seagate), fsck like
there's no tomorrow, lost so many things, nearly lost everything I've
done to improve sound driver. A bad day.

Bad.. bad day.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD