realplayer, mplayer, lost sound, and a kldunload snd_es137x panic

Mon Feb 27 09:08:26 PST 2006

Am Mon, 27 Feb 2006 00:12:24 +0100
schrieb Juergen Lock <nox at jelal.kn-bremen.de>:

>  Ok tried to apply
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/snd_RELENG_5_X_20060223_097.diff
> and got 4 out of 27 hunks failed on sys/dev/sound/pci/ich.c
> (and a few others with offsets or fuzz.)  Are my sources too old
> or too new? :)

This should be the right one for your RELENG_5_4 (at least according to
the description on Ariff's page).

Since you don't use snd_ich, i suggest to give it a try without it (if
it fails when compiling snd_ich, just revert this one file back to the
original one).

Bye,
Alexander.

--