ICH7 snd_hda

Steve Clement steve at localhost.lu
Thu Dec 28 05:19:53 PST 2006

Hi List, hi Ariff

Thanks for the good work on the sound system under FreeBSD, usually I
don't need it for my servers but now with my new laptop on FreeBSD the
need arouse.

I have an ICH7 Intel Chip and that has the Intel High Definition Audio
in it.

I wondered what that plans are on including the snd_hda driver in any of
the upcoming releases as it seems to be stable enough to listen to
things and using the mic

I used it for all my Video/Audio Playback and with mplayer it works fine
I had some issues with Audacious but I think that is more an audacious
problem than any low level sound driver issue.

Also I feel a bit uncomfortable just plugging in any binary file into
the /boot/kernel tree or fudging about with my /usr/src tree :)

cheers a lot,

Steve Clement