MythTV port committed (was: Possible FreeBSD port?)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 19 23:40:02 PST 2006

On Wednesday, 20 December 2006 at  7:29:45 +0100, Hans Nieser wrote:
> Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I have just about finished porting MythTV, based on the good
>> work by Stacey Son.  The main issue I have at the moment is getting
>> it to configure cleanly.  I suppose I could commit first and fix
>> those details later, but I'd rather not.
>
> I would definitely be interested in getting MythTV to run on my
> FreeBSD box! Now that usleepless has enabled me to use my WinTV
> PVR150 (thanks for that!) with his modified 250 driver, I'm trying
> to turn it into a media-center. I've been toying with Elisa but it
> was a pain to compile and isn't really stable yet (but it is still
> early in development so that was to be expected).

I've now committed the port to the Ports Collection
(/usr/ports/multimedia/mythtv).  The installation is no better than
what MythTV provides (i.e. you're on your own for configuration), and
I want to fix that, but it should work as it is.  On the other hand,
Stephen reports problems with dependencies, so I haven't connected it
to the build.  Please try it out and contact me with any problems you
may have.

Greg