MythTV (was: Possible FreeBSD port?)

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Tue Dec 19 14:40:07 PST 2006

On Tuesday, 19 December 2006 at 18:37:59 +0100, usleepless at gmail.com wrote:
> On 12/19/06, Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 19 December 2006 at 10:34:30 +1100, Stephen Hocking wrote:
>> Yes, I have just about finished porting MythTV, based on the good work
>> by Stacey Son.  The main issue I have at the moment is getting it to
>> configure cleanly.  I suppose I could commit first and fix those
>> details later, but I'd rather not.
>
> if you would like some help: i have compiled mythtv numerous times
> on fbsd ( 4.x and 6.x ). i am running it as well ( 4.11 server, 6.x
> client )

Why didn't you make a port of it?

> so if you have specific issues, please let me know. i might be able
> to help.

It seems to run, but the installation process is painful, not helped
by the MythTV code.  Currently if you try to run MythTV before setting
my MySQL, it gets stuck in an endless loop trying to connect, vomiting
over the screen.  I'd like to fix that, but I suppose I can commit the
current version.

Greg