High Definition Audio driver

Hans Nieser h.nieser at xs4all.nl
Tue Apr 25 21:45:23 UTC 2006

Stephane E. Potvin wrote:

> A few weeks ago I upgraded my laptop only to discover that the sound system
> on it was unsupported by FreeBSD, being an High Definition Audio
> controller / codec. I started at that time to write a driver specific to
> FreeBSD. Given that it seems that I'm not the only one stuck with this
> problem, I decided after some gentle prodding by Alexander to share what
> I'm trying to achieve.
>
> [...]
>
> I'm currently working on the bus driver itself. Once I get it working to my
> liking, I'll update the driver and post a message here..
>
> I would appreciate any feedback I can get about my plans, what I have done
> so far, etc. Please don't hesitate to drop me an email in that case.

I am very interested in getting my hands on a driver for my Intel HDA
device. I'm not sure how far you have gotten with the driver but once it
is compilable I would be happy to test it and provide and feedback even if
it can potentially crash my laptop or eat my dog (which I don't have
anyway so that's ok) :)

Hans