drop snd_ from DRIVER_MODULEs...

Wed Apr 19 07:49:16 UTC 2006

Quoting John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu> (from Mon, 17
Apr 2006 20:25:20 -0700):

> Well, I noticed that we have a few extra snd_'s in front of most (all?)

If it's not in front of all drivers for sound chips (!= all modules
which make up the sound system), it's an inconsistency which should be
fixed.

> of our sound drives.. I believe this used to be necessary due to lack of
> kldxref which couldn't find modules w/ different names than the modules..
> Now that this has been fixed, I feel that we should drop these so we
> don't have issues w/ name mismatches, such as introduced w/ gusc and sbc..

What are the benefits of this patch? Why should we commit it? What's
wrong with the current way of naming? How is this patch an improvement?

I don't object to the patch (haven't tested it), but what are the benefits?

Bye,
Alexander.

Q:	How many people from New Jersey does it take to change a light
		bulb?
A:	Three.  One to do it, one to watch, and the third to shoot the
		witness.