pwcbsd port - for Philips webcams

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Sun Apr 16 00:17:35 UTC 2006

On Saturday 15 April 2006 15:29, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> FYI, for owners of Philips webcams (and a few others):
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/93464
> List of supported  cameras: http://raaf.atspace.org/
>
> apogologies to those who have seen it already.

I (well, actually my SO) happened to have one of those Logitec "ball" webcams
that can pan and tilt and zoom. Installed the driver, stick it in and it
worked, with both pwcview and mplayer with [c]sif/25fps or lower and with
vga/15fps or lower. Needless to say I confiscated the camera ;-)

I think I'm going to add this to kbtv and if panning/tilting works have that
instead of channel up/down  - as it has for for TV cards -  when the pwc
driver is selected.

Nice work!

Dan