schedule script strategies?

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Fri Apr 14 03:33:24 UTC 2006

Thanks to your help, I now have video capture ability on my FreeBSD
machine!

Before I dive into scripting my recordings, I was wondering if you
guys had some general suggestions?

What I need to do is start recording (cat /dev/cxm0 > myfile.mpg) at
a certain time, stop recording at a certain time, include the date
stamp in the filename, and preferably pipe the file to something like
ffmpeg to compress it to a format that will take less disk space.

Any suggestions as to what I ought to check out?

Joe Auty
NetMusician: web publishing software for musicians
http://www.netmusician.org
joe at netmusician.org