Psi-jingle port

Vlad GALU vladgalu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 22:48:13 UTC 2006

     I've quickly hacked a port for the -jingle branch of Psi, the
Jabber client. You can find it at
http://night.rdslink.ro/dudu/misc/psi-jingle/.
     I could only test Psi -> Google Talk calls, since among the
contacts I had online at the time of writing this there was nobody
using Psi. The audio was so-so, but possibly because both me and my
two peers were behind NAT. So YMMV. Google also told me that fiddling
with codecs can improve call quality.
     This port has the same dependencies as net-im/libjingle, but I
didn't add them to the port's Makefile. Assuming you install them
before proceeding with it, you'll be on the safe side. This branch
uses version 0.1.0 of libjingle and has it bundled. The implementation
uses some functions that were removed in 0.2.0 and 0.3.0.
     This port is not by any means supposed to go "mainstream". If it
was, I would've submitted a PR :) I just needed it for my own purposes
and I think others could use it too.

P.S. submit questions, if any, directly to me, I'm not subscribed to the list.

--
If it's there, and you can see it, it's real.
If it's not there, and you can see it, it's virtual.