Audio playback problem

A.R. al at e-lake.net
Tue Sep 13 14:09:31 PDT 2005

FreeBSD 6.0 Beta3

Hi, thanks for looking.

I am having trouble getting my audio fully working. Some movies will
work with Xine/Mplayer. I dont think its the players that are my
problem. Anyways, none of my MP3s will work, and I think its a codec
problem perhaps.

The one thing I did notice was that in # dmesg, I recieved the following
line;

uaudio: This device can't play in rate=44100.

Thats what I normally get after trying to listen to a MP3 in XMMS. I
should note that the audio plugin XMMS is using is OSS, its the only one
in the list. Also, I am using an external USB soundcard, I am using the
uaudio drivers.

If you need any information, please let me know. This is really a make
or break thing for FreeBSD for me. As my desktop, Im going to need music :)

Thanks for any help,
Al