anyone doing digital TV?

Thomas Gutzler tgutzler at ee.uwa.edu.au
Wed Nov 23 05:44:26 GMT 2005

Am Wed, 23.Nov.2005 um  9:40:26 +1100 schraubte PhilT:
> Is there as yet anyone working on developing a FreeBSD multimedia equivalent to that provided by Linux software such as V4L2 (Video for Linux 2), DVB, etc? In other words is there any hope in the near future of being able to watch/record Digital TV on a FreeBSD box?

I just bought a DVICO DVB-T card which is a terrestric one. Plugged it
in, installed gentoo and it works. Knowing that I plugged my old FreeBSD
5.4 drive and found that there isn't really a chance to get it running
without hacking some more drivers which I can't do (haven't done, yet).
I would probably be able to help a little bit.

Cheers,
  Tom
--
"Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it."
		-- Marvin, "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"