Which TV cards do send the audio data via PCI?

Arne Wörner arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 23:23:17 GMT 2005

--- "Frank J. Beckmann" <frank at barda.agala.net> wrote:
> to the bktr driver. That sound much more elegant.
> But which cards work thar way?

I use a Hauppauge PVR 250 in my old pentium 160MHz (or so)... That
card sends mpeg audio/video data over the PCI bus. See
ports/multimedia/pvr250 in FBSD R5.4.

> And how does FreeBSD the that data. Does a second mixer
> appear?

Nope. The card choses a default sound volume. It might be possible
to send volume change requests via the PCI to the card, but I dont
know how.

-Arne