[patch] stereo input is mixed to monaural via SoundBlaster16 recording mixer

Ariff Abdullah skywizard at MyBSD.org.my
Tue Nov 8 16:20:21 GMT 2005

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 16:59:55 +0100
Alexander Leidinger <Alexander at Leidinger.net> wrote:
> Watanabe Kazuhiro <CQG00620 at nifty.ne.jp> wrote:
>
> > 	if (src & SOUND_MASK_MIC)
> > -		recdev |= 0x01; /* mono mic */
> > +		recdev_l |= 0x01; /* mono mic */
> > +		recdev_r |= 0x01;
>
> If I understand this correctly, this feeds the monaural signal to
> the left and the right channel. When we have a mono input, do we
> really want to have the same input doubled? I don't do any
> recording, so I don't know how most programs handle this, but IMHO
> it's a waste of resources and if the source is only able to deliver
> a mono-signal, the recording should only be possible in mono.
>
> Does this sound sane?

Watanabe-san, I would suggest you to put braces along with the
conditional statement so the code become much easier tu understand.
Without it, it seems that recdev_r will always be set even if the
condition is false.

--
Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD