Sound skipping problems

Tue Nov 8 07:47:08 PST 2005

Ariff Abdullah <skywizard at MyBSD.org.my> wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 14:05:15 +0100

>> The application does not exit with an error, in fact it just says
>> that  it's playing. The *ONLY* difference that I can detect is that
>> there is  no sound coming out of the speakers. Doing a cvsup, make
>> kernel, reboot  (and nothing else) causes the sound to come back
>> immediately.
>>
> How about one of these:
> 1) hw.snd.slave_enabled -> 0 or 1
> 2) hw.snd.pcm0.spdif_enabled -> 0 or 1
> 3) Play anything as many as possible *concurrently* until something
>   comes up (note: at most you can play 5).

And before you try all of this: make sure your speakers (the entire playing
chain) are wired correctly, the volume is turned up, the amplifier isn't
muted and so on...

This is not because we think you are dump, it's just because it may be the
case that your brother (or someone else, who sneaked in) plays some tricks
with you... people usually feel like fools if this happens to them, but
don't feel embarased if this is the case, concratulate your brother instead.
;-)

Bye,
Alexander.

root rot