book recommendation

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Tue May 3 12:00:24 PDT 2005

I am horribly, horribly stupid about nearly every aspect of dvd and/or
cd burning.  Normally, when I find this out about myself, I go buy a
book on the subject, and pretty soon, I'm less stupid.

Anyone got a recommendation about the subject?  If there is no book, I
would acdept a URl, but I would really rather a book, if there is one
like this.

The thing is, I'm utterly unable to use qdvdauthor, or acidrip, or even
dvdrip, or transcode, or ff .... well, you get the idea, because I can't
answer the questions about which codec to use for what, or what program,
or what default.

Thanks, fellas.