uaudio patch, capabilities

Mathew Kanner mat at cnd.mcgill.ca
Thu Mar 17 06:43:46 PST 2005

On Mar 17, Kazuhito HONDA wrote:
> From: Mathew Kanner <mat at cnd.mcgill.ca>
> Subject: Re: uaudio patch, capabilities
> Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:07:18 -0500
>
> > 	Good, I hope to commit this this comming weekend, unless you
> > can see any reason not to.
>
> I see.
>
> By the way, I guess that the problem of big UAUDIO_PCM_BUFF_SIZE
> (or small maxsegz) is caused on prerelease of FreeBSD 5.4,
> because I remember it was caused by change of buffer.c
> from 1.23 to 1.24 (from 1.23 to 1.23.2.1 in PRELENG_5).
> If it's true, the patch for the problem
> should be applied before the next release.

	True enough.  I'll break out the fix for the buffer (could
please comment on the part where I set the maxsegz to the allocated
buffersize) to a seperate patch and request a MFC from the re.  I
won't be able to do this until saturday.
	Also I've tried your patch that add sysctls for mixer controls
and I can't see a reason not to commit it, can you?
	Thanks,
	--Mat