uaudio patch, configurable buffer size

Tue Mar 8 11:21:26 GMT 2005

Mathew Kanner <mat at cnd.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> > > 	However in the long term I don't think it's the right thing.
> > > The reason (I'm guessing) he wants the verbose output all the time is
> > > to be able to choose according the devices capabilities.  The problem
> > > is we always reports supporting speeds in between [4000,48000], so for
> > > Why?
>
> 	As I say below, he probably needs this because uaudio (the pcm
> bridge of it at least) wrongly reports it's capabilities.  I would be
> that his first solution and second solution don't even yield the same
> results.

Sorry, my question was a bit short. I wasn't asking why he wants the verbose
output (I talked with him about it previous to the submission of the PR), I
wanted to know why we always report those speeds. uaudio doesn't converts
the  sampling rate, so it shouldn't be allowed to report those speeds.

I try to have a look at the sound code (with doxygen; or if "The Design and
Implementation of FreeBSD" contains an overview, I will read about it
there). Feel free to point out better resources.

Bye,
Alexander.

Jacquin's Postulate on Democratic Government:
	No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the
	legislature is in session.