creative sb live 24 bit ext no audio in conjunction with internal intel audio card

Sun Jul 31 16:26:40 GMT 2005

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 10:41:57 +0200
fabienne s <fabienne at fabienne.us> wrote:

> >FreeBSD 5.4 doesn't contains a fix for this. 6.0 will have it.
> >
> >I have the same device, but it starts muted (in Windows too). In
> >FreeBSD I haven't found a way yet to switch it into non-muted mode, in
> >Windows I just have to mute and un-mute the device (e.g. via pushing
> >the volume button on the device).

> then if i install current 6.0 will it be supported?  thanks again,

Yes. But I make no guarantee, that it will do what you want it to
do... :-)

The device will be recognized and any application will be able to send
data to the device. But I can't promise you that you will hear
anything, since I haven't found a *reliable* way of un-muting it
(sometimes it works when I start/stop/mute some a song in a
audio-application).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
           Intel: where Quality is job number 0.9998782345!