Massive sound changes / fix (24/32bit pcm support, new

Ariff Abdullah skywizard at MyBSD.org.my
Thu Jul 14 16:18:05 GMT 2005

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:13:18 +0200
raoul megelas <rmgls at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:14:53 +0200
>  raoul megelas <rmgls at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Ariff Abdullah <skywizard at MyBSD.org.my>

> >> this happen too on my maestro3 chip on another machine
> >> (now old dell inspiron 8000).
> >> I tend to think it is a general problem.

> > Now that's really weird, you mean, even Windows having that sort
> > of problem too? Let me ask you a question first: Is the problem
> > occur *with* that patch applied, or even *without* it?
>
> hi Ariff and all,
>
> Clear, the patch sounds better than without it.
That's good...

> without the patch, the biggest ppo occurs on adjusting pcm value
> (50 to 75 or 100) and less audible from adjusting the volume
> by the same amount.
> But the click is still audible even not so high.
Probably Mat was right about locking issue. Unfortunately, I don't
have any ICH5 around to do some thorough examination.

Anyway, can you try applying latest (revision 009) patch? You may
find that under /incoming/ directory from my patch directory.

Listening to music while keep changing volume level up/down is not a
pleasant experience, right? :)

--

Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD