ESS Maestro3 no sound

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 04:53:34 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 11:41:54AM +0800, Muzaffar Ariff wrote:
 > I've loaded the patch but still I'm having the same problem, xmms
 > plays the mp3 file but no sound. On the brightside there is no error
 > in /var/run/dmesg.boot like before:
 >
 > pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro3> port 0xd800-0xd8ff mem
 > 0xf3ffe000-0xf3ffffff irq 5 at device 8.0 on pci0
 > pcm0: PCIR_COMMAND = 0x7
 > pcm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
 > pcm0: <SigmaTel STAC9721/23 AC97 Codec>
 >
 > So does anyone know what is wrong with my maestro?

Thanks for your report. It seems that you have other issues not
known to me. Does the driver prints timeout message such as
"pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead"?
xmms plays songs with normal speed?(i.e. just no sound)
Without loading ACPI do you suffer from the same problem?
Could show me "pciconf -lv" output for your ESS card?
If you can run "pciconf -lv", locate a line somthing like
pcm0 at pciX:Y:Z. Then show me output of
"pciconf -r pciX:Y:Z 0:ff" before and after loading the driver.

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon