sky star 2

Arne Wörner arne_woerner at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 07:13:35 GMT 2005

--- sandykbaev kairat <kairatsan at rambler.ru> wrote:
> Hello! How I can know is the adapter Digital Sat-TV (DVB) card,
> SkyStar 2,  int, PCI is compatible with OS FreeBSD.

Hiho! As far as I know, there is no support for DVB cards in
FreeBSD... *sob* That is why, I use a little Linux box (set on top
of a shoe box), that uses the air flow out of my big FreeBSD box
for cooling... :-))

There is some support for a certain DVB PCI card, that can be used
for bi-directional network traffic
(http://www.freebsd.org/news/status/report-oct-2003-dec-2003.html#DVB-ASI-Support),
but that is not what I needed, I think.

I do not know, if it is easy to port the Linux DVB drivers to
FreeBSD... I have heard, that somebody can use MS Windows Network
Interface Card drivers inside the FreeBSD kernel... Maybe that
idea might work for DVB cards, too?

-Arne