what soundcard should i buy?

Yuriy Tsibizov Yuriy.Tsibizov at gfk.ru
Wed Jan 26 23:21:58 PST 2005

Only if someone will write driver for it.

> i mean 100%.
> > in http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/audigy/#build
> >  Audigy LS and Audigy 2 Value (PCI chip IDs 0x00071102 and
> 0x00081102)
> > are not supported and added to list of known but
> unsupported cards. They
> > WILL NOT be supported by this driver. I don't have this cards.
> >

> > I'll just try adding the IDs manually.
>
> emu10kx0: <Creative Audigy LS [SB????]> port 0xeea0-0xeebf irq 16 at
> device 13.0 on pci0
> pcm0: <EMU10Kx PCM Interface> on emu10kx0
> pcm0: AC97 reset timed out.
> pcm0: ac97 codec invalid or not present (id == 0)
> pcm0: can't init mixer!
> device_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6
>
> Almost.. i guess. My skills aren't just good enough to fix that.
It requires more than 'fix'... As I can see from ALSA driver these cards doesn't
have much in common with old EMU10K-based cards (in hardware). Although this cards
are lableled as 'Live!' or 'Audigy' they don't have EMU10K1 or EMU10K2 DSP
(looking at http://www.clubic.com/photo/00036389.jpg, new DSP chip on Audigy LS
is labeled 'CA0106-DAT').

Yuriy Tsibizov,
http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru