audio codec maintainers

Yuriy Tsibizov Yuriy.Tsibizov at gfk.ru
Sat Jan 15 02:27:58 PST 2005

> > Firstly, Who is curently maintaining it?
> > Orion Hodson seems to have become scarce.
> > (If you are reading this Orion and I've just missed you, sorry).
> > I saw cg (Cameron Grant) on the lists the other day, but I
> > am not sure who is currently the contact man for sound.

> Cameron will still respond to questions, and I believe he's not totally
> unwilling to do any work at all, but I think he's adopted more of a
> back-seat position these days.  Which is not to undervalue his great
> contributions in the past, of course.  :-)

But what happened to his NEWPCM v2? There was p4 server on newpcm.org for
this project...

> > let me know if you know :-)
> > If you want the job, speak up :-)
> > The there is MIDI...

> Mat Kanner is supposed to be our MIDI maintainer/developer, but
> unfortunately, he seems to come and go with uncomfortable frequency.
> The status of his new MIDI code is still up in the air, even months
> after his original announcement.

> I've tried using the last patch set he made available here (from August
> 2004), but it doesn't apply cleanly under CURRENT, and I've been unable
> so far to obtain an update from Mat.

I'm tracking his MIDI driver in patched -CURRENT sources (based on
evennewermidi-10jul2004 diff from
http://people.freebsd.org/~tanimura/patches/).  It works with MIDI device
I have - IR reciever in Audigy Platinum box:

--
Copyright (c) 1992-2004 The FreeBSD Project.
Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
	The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #0: Thu Jan  6 10:18:42 MSK 2005
    chibis at free.home.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FREE-FAST
WARNING: WITNESS option enabled, expect reduced performance.
WARNING: MPSAFE network stack disabled, expect reduced performance.
[...]
sequencer 0 created scp 0xc1927200
seq_eventthread started
emu10kx0: <Creative Audigy [SB0090]> port 0xd400-0xd41f irq 9 at device 9.0 on pci0
midi0: <EMU10Kx MIDI Interface (midi2)> on emu10kx0
midi1: <EMU10Kx MIDI Interface (midi2)> on emu10kx0
pcm0: <EMU10Kx PCM Interface> on emu10kx0
pcm0: <TriTech TR28602 AC97 Codec>
emu10kx0: IR MIDI events enabled.
---

I've sent my patch (with Audigy MIDI code for emu10k1 driver and some
minor fixes) back to Seigo Tanimura in August.

Yuriy Tsibizov,
http://chibis.persons.gfk.ru/

P.S. I'm not subscribed to list, please CC me on reply.