Sound issues

ShredZ shredz at pandora.be
Tue Jan 4 11:26:49 PST 2005

There seems to be something wrong with the sound system over here. Running 5.3
RELEASE with an SBLive!. I use the snd_emu10k1 driver for sound and it works,
but whenever I enter quake2forge (from the port), wolf3d (from the port),
quake3, enemy territory or doom3 (all in linux compat.), my stereo sound
channels get reversed. I checked with arts and winamp and the sound channels
are correct there. I have no clue what's causing this swap of sound on these
few applications considering xmms and quake all use the /dev/dsp device.

Furthermore I tried running xmame 0.88 port but this one replies with no mixer
plugin found, using real-time sound and gives nothing but choppy sounds all
the way. Tried different flags, even change the size of the emu10k1 default
sound buffer in the kernel sources, but to no avail.

Anyone know about these issues or how to get rid of them ?

Greets,
ShredZ