professional sound studio with freebsd, anyone?

Thanos Tsouanas thanos at sians.org
Tue Jan 4 02:17:46 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 05:37:48PM -0800, Brooks Davis wrote:
> The OSS that sucks in Linux is mostly unrelated the the OSS drivers.
> The only relation is that the most trivial portions of the API are the
> same.  Don't judge FreeBSD's sound system by other people's crappy
> implementations of the API.

The comparison was not between lin OSS and lin ALSA but between
fbsd OSS and lin ALSA but i do not take it for granted.
Do you use FreeBSD with OSS and works fine?  Do you record?
Please let me know your software/hardware inventory and how well
it works for you.

Thanks.

--
Thanos Tsouanas <thanos at sians.org> .: Sians