professional sound studio with freebsd, anyone?

Thanos Tsouanas thanos at sians.org
Mon Jan 3 19:58:37 GMT 2005

Hello..

I would like to know if anyone here has set up a
professional-quality music studio based on open&free software.
Please let me know what you have used, software, OS and
hardware..

I'm an openbsd user, ive used freebsd quite a lot in the past
but i have no more than a month's experience with linux.
I'm thinking of freebsd, netbsd or gentoo linux as an OS.
I saw some ports (like rosegarden) lagging behind in both freebsd
and netbsd..

Please share your experience with me.

P.S. Currently the studio i've been working in was based on
win/cubase/HALion ..  I'd like similar quality..

TIA

--
Thanos Tsouanas <thanos at sians.org> .: Sians
http://thanos.sians.org/           .: http://www.sians.org/