Is it MIDI yet?

Mathew Kanner mat at cnd.mcgill.ca
Fri Feb 11 06:35:21 PST 2005

On Feb 11, Joel Ray Holveck wrote:
> I've been holding off on going to 5.3 because the MIDI driver
> evaporated.  I'm getting a bit tired of waiting.  I know that nobody
> owes me anything when it comes to FreeBSD, but you can understand that
> I'm a bit frustrated.
>
> What happened to the new framework?  Why was the old framework removed?
>  Should it be re-added, until the new one is finished?

	I'm the guy working on Midi and I just got back to it.  My
available time fluctuates, and I've been busy, sick, etc, etc.
Anyway, previosuly, the MIDI that was removed did not with any cards
(that I know of) other than CSA.  So I don't think there is any point
in being frustrated with its removal.  Also, I've posted a few times
to the list a replacement that you can test if you have either a
soundblaster live or a es137x.  Present problems including broken
sound recording and no-AMD64.

	I plan to have a cross-compilable version available this
weekend.

	--Mat