pvr250: intermittent corrupt captures

David C. Myers myers at aedifice.net
Thu Feb 10 21:58:39 PST 2005

Every so often, my PVR-250 (using the most recent cxm driver) will
generate a corrupt capture.  From that point on, every successive
capture will also be corrupt.  Sometimes, the system log will show a
message

  cxm0: encoder dma status 0xb

(although this seems to appear during the second corrupt capture, not
the first).  The correlation between this message and the corrupt
captures is not perfect -- sometimes, there is no message at all.

Interestingly, it takes a full reboot of the box to restore the card to
proper operation.  A simple 'kldunload cxm' followed by 'kldload cxm'
doesn't work.  After a reboot, it seems to go a couple of days before
the problem crops up again.

Any ideas on this?  I'm running 5.3; kernel built about a week ago.

I'm trying to capture from over-the-air broadcasts.

-David.