uaudio fullduplex on 5.4-RELEASE?

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Wed Aug 31 20:43:05 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 22:31, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:01:39 +0200
>
> Pia Gerhardt <pge at netuse.de> wrote:
> > >
> > > Some USB chips have problems with fullduplex operation. Because of this
> > > it's disabled by default. AFAIK it's not known if it is a problem with
> > > our USB subsystem or not.
> >
> > Hi,
> > accidently forgot to cc the list. I think its worth a try. Whats the
> > most elegant way to enable it?
>
> You have to enable it by modifying a source file. But I don't remember
> which one and how.
>
> Maybe google is able to find how to do it. Someone mentioned it
> somewhere on the FreeBSD lists.
>
> Bye,
> Alexander.

Here, found this in the archives:

On Friday 22 April 2005 06:39, Kazuhito HONDA wrote:
> the uaudio driver doesn't allow USB devices to
> open playback and record channel pipe, simultaneously,
> if in FreeBSD-stable, at line 3650 of uaudio.c as below:
>
>         if ((sc->sc_playchan.pipe != NULL) || (sc->sc_recchan.pipe !=
> NULL)) return (-1);

/src/sys/dev/sound/usb/uaudio.c

Then if you have "uaudio" in the kernel, recompile the kernel. Else recompile
the module, "sys/modules/uaudio". If full duplex doesn't work, then:

Download the three files below into a new directory and type
"make install"  (to uninstall type "make deinstall")
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/Makefile
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.diff.bz2
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.tar.bz2

Then recompile all USB modules and/or kernel, depending on your configuration.
Here is a quick USB-module compile script:

#!/bin/sh
cd /sys/modules/aue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/axe && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/cdce && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/cue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/if_ndis && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/kue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ndis && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/netgraph/bluetooth/ubtbcmfw && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/netgraph/bluetooth/ubt && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/rue && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/sound/driver/uaudio && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ubsa && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ubser && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ucom && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ucycom && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/udav && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/udbp && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ufm && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uftdi && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ugen && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uhid && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ukbd && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ulpt && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/umass && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/umct && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/umodem && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ums && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uplcom && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/ural && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/urio && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/usb && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uscanner && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uvisor && make depend all install clean
cd /sys/modules/uvscom && make depend all install clean

--HPS