quality soundcard

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Fri Aug 26 05:43:04 GMT 2005

On Friday, 26. August 2005 05:17, Damian Gerow wrote:
> Thus spake Vulpes Velox (v.velox at vvelox.net) [23/08/05 21:51]:
> : > How do I find out whether a given card is a WSS/MSS card?
> : > Would you explicitly recommend one of these?
> :
> : I would suggest looking into OSS drivers as well.
>
> The OSS drivers support some very, very nice soundcards.  I highly
> recommend anything based on VIA's Envy24, if you're going to use OSS
> drivers.
>
> That being said, I'd really like to get native drivers for it.  So I'll
> prod again: is there anyone I can speak to about getting these drivers
> written?

I still keep http://people.freebsd.org/~lofi/envy24.tar.gz (unfinished,
non-working driver, not by me) and http://people.freebsd.org/~lofi/envy24.pdf
around, in case someone wants to take that driver and finish it. In it's
current form, it doesn't even compile, but the fixes to make it compile are
rather trivial. The fixes necessary to make it *work* however are not and way
over my head.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org