quality soundcard

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Tue Aug 23 17:06:14 GMT 2005

Hello,

I am trying to build a semipro studio on 5.4/$card/ecasound.
What what is "the best" soundcard supported by FreeBSD 5.4?
Is there a supported card that can do 32bit (or at least 24bit)
samples at 96kHz?

The sound(4) manpage says that

	The driver works best with WSS/MSS cards, which have a very
	clean architecture and an orthogonal set of features.  They
	also happen to be among the cheapest audio cards on the market.

How do I find out whether a given card is a WSS/MSS card?
Would you explicitly recommend one of these?

	Thanks

		Jan