Help with tv tuner setup

Karolis Tamutis karolis.t at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 10:21:29 GMT 2005

Yes, I've just tried that, and I give up.

%dmesg | grep bktr
bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xe6000000-0xe6000fff irq 5 at device 9.0 on pci0
bktr0: Leadtek Winfast TV 2000, Philips PAL tuner.

This should be ok (I've did options OVERRIDE_TUNER=5, since I believe
it's the only one suitable, because my tuner doesn't have FM radio,
it's a RM edition)

My kernel config now looks like this:

device bktr
device iicbus
device iicbb
device smbus

options BROOKTREE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT=BROOKTREE_PAL
options OVERRIDE_TUNER=5

sysctl values are back to where they were in the first place (yes,
I've again tried changing those):

%sysctl hw.bt848
hw.bt848.card: -1
hw.bt848.tuner: -1
hw.bt848.reverse_mute: -1
hw.bt848.format: -1
hw.bt848.slow_msp_audio: -1

Could someone, using this tuner, show me their configuration?