Upgrade, fix and new, maximal CS4236B chip support to mss.c available for testing

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Thu Aug 4 17:51:03 GMT 2005

On Thursday, 4. August 2005 19:25, Harry Coin wrote:

> Also I wonder if any out there agree that the nature of the mixer ranges
> (linear, log, etc) and the DB amplification range ought to be published for
> mixer levels (vague 0-100 doesn't specify much, the levels are documented
> in the patch and doc for this chip) so people know what they are getting
> when choosing a number between 0 and 100.   At a minimum what the db change
> is at 0 and 100 and if it crosses 0db, the level to use for 0db.

All of that would definitely be very nice to have, but I'm not sure if OSS
currently provides the facilities to do that a generic way - I'm cc'ing Dev
Mazumdar of 4front who probably will know better.

If there isn't a generic way to do this, the only alternative would probably
be to write custom mixer applications for each device - or extend the
mixer(1) utilitiy in the base system to support some sort of driver profiles.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org