xawtv questions

Jacob Meuser jakemsr at jakemsr.com
Wed Aug 3 07:05:08 GMT 2005

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 07:41:27AM +0200, Karel Miklav wrote:

> >> There's nothing in the docs, I guess it just works for some cards.
> >> I made a little change in the sources, if you want to see it I can
> >> send it later.
> >
> > Please do. I start looking in the sources, both motv and bktr, but
> > I'm still missing something (actually I know how to force audio
> > source modifying bktr sources, which "strangely" are easier to
> > understand but that isn't the right solution).
>
> When input on bktr driver is changed, audio on some cards seem to be
> reset. I'm not shure whether this is intentional or not as I didn't
> threw my eyes on the driver itself yet. Anyway, a small change in
> file drv0-bsd.c at function bsd_write_attr() helps:
>
>       case ATTR_ID_INPUT:
>          xioctl(h->fd,METEORSINPUT,&inputs_map[value]);
>          xioctl(h->tfd, BT848_SAUDIO, &audio_map[2]);  // fix
>          break;
>
> First ioctl changes video input and does something undefined to the
> audio channel.

look in bktr_core.c.  METEORSINPUT sets the audio channel as well.

I never noticed that before.  it strikes me as curious behaviour,
since METEORSINPUT is for setting the video source, and there is a
separate ioctl for setting the audio source.  maybe I do want to
continue with audio from the tuner and switch to audio from the
RCA input without a break in the audio ...

--
<jakemsr at jakemsr.com>