Help with TV capture (mplayer/brooktree/audigy)

Yuriy Tsibizov Yuriy.Tsibizov at gfk.ru
Thu Apr 21 11:16:12 PDT 2005

> > >       2) Every few seconds the video stream seems to choke; thus,
> > > giving me an effect similar to the famous interlaced "blinders
> > > effect" so I added a deinterlacer filter
> >
> >    Sync detection problems perhaps.

>         Any ideas on how to fix that? I have no problems with a lot
> of test x trials :)

> > >       Furthermore, I am not sure how can I get audio input. I can
> > > listen to dvds, mp3s, ogms just fine though.
> > >
> > >       I connected the audio output to the mic connector of the
> > > audigy sound card. Nonetheless, I am not sure how can I hear this
> > > audio. Yeah, I am a bit clueless. :) I am using the latest audigy
> > > driver found at
> >
> >    It might overload the mic input. Does mixer =rec mic help ? Post
> > the output of mixer if not.

>         It did not help :( I set the satellite decoder volume to max to
> make sure I had a good input. Then, I redid my steps

> mixer rec 100           ## set record bus volume
> emuctrl amp 4           ## amplify every input four times
> emuctrl set out13 100   ## set recording volume for DSP output
> emuctrl rset in6 100    ## set recording volume for DSP input
mic is (possible) connected via AC97 codec. You should try to set AC97
DSP input rec volume to 100.

> $ mixer =rec mic
> Recording source: mic
This does not have any effect for driver. If you record from AC97 source,
it will always record 'stereo mix' (I can't rememeber, why it was done
this way, it was done long time ago).

If you look into -multimedia archives, there was a question about sound
recording on Audigy 2 cards (with emu10kx driver) around Feb 23th. As I
can remember, we was unable to record anything on Audigy 2. You can try
following test:

1. set recording level from FX0 to 100
2. set level on "A/D converter (REC)" to 100
3. play something in one window / virtual console and record in another
window / virtual console.
If sound recording works, than you will record sound you playing.

You can also try FreeBSD emu10k1 driver that should also support Audigy 2
cards.

> wavrec test.wav ## record 10s using wavrec from ports/audio/wavplay port
> nothing...

> $ wavrec -d /dev/audio0.6   ## did not work as well
There is no difference in .X devices - they do not corresponds to specific
inputs or outputs on card.

> $ mixer
> Mixer vol      is currently set to  84:84
> Mixer pcm      is currently set to  81:81
> Mixer speaker  is currently set to  75:75
> Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
> Mixer mic      is currently set to  83:83
> Mixer cd       is currently set to  75:75
> Mixer rec      is currently set to 100:100
> Mixer ogain    is currently set to  50:50
> Mixer line1    is currently set to  75:75
> Mixer phin     is currently set to   0:0
> Mixer phout    is currently set to   0:0
> Mixer video    is currently set to  75:75

> $ emuctrl list
> Id      Description               Vol   RecVol
> FX (PCM) buses
> fx0     DSP FX BUS 0             83:83  (0:0)
> DSP Inputs
> in0     AC97 Codec                0:0   (0:0)
This should be 0:0 (100:100) to record from AC97 ('mixer') sources
> in1     CD S/PDIF                 0:0   (0:0)
> in2     Optical S/PDIF            0:0   (0:0)
> in3     0x06                      0:0   (0:0)
> in4     Line-In (2)               0:0   (100:100)
This input is located on AudigyDrive
> in5     Coaxial S/PDIF            0:0   (0:0)
> in6     AUX2                      0:0   (100:100)
On AudigyDrive too
> in7     0x0E                      0:0   (0:0)
> DSP Outputs
> out0    DIGITAL: Front            0:0
> out1    DIGITAL: Center           0
> out2    DIGITAL: Subwoofer        0