no sound with bktr driver

Scott Gasch scott at wannabe.guru.org
Mon Sep 27 09:37:20 PDT 2004

I'm trying to get a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 45xxx card working under
FreeBSD 5.2.1.  With the bktr driver I am able to get video but no
sound.

It seems like the card is not producing sound - I've plugged a pair of
headphones into the line out of the capture card and hear nothing.  So
this is not a problem with the sound card or mixer levels.

I've tried using sysctl to override the card type (sysctl
hw.bt848.card=nnnn) and 1..13 all have the same problem.  I'm testing
with applications like fxtv and xmradio.

Here's the relevant portion of dmesg:

bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xec100000-0xec100fff irq 17 at device 6.0 on pci0
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, Philips FR1236 NTSC FM tuner.
pci0: <multimedia> at device 6.1 (no driver attached)

Here's the relevant portion of my kernel config:

device          bktr
options         BROOKTREE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT=BROOKTREE_NTSC
device          iicbus
device          iicbb
device          smbus

Does anyone have any luck with this card and/or any advice?

Thanks,
Scott

--
Scott Gasch