Audacity port on 5.3-BETA3

Ben H. strbenjr at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 09:38:03 PDT 2004

I am having some issues/problems with the Audacity port.
Thanks in advance for any assistance you provide...

I installed at 5.3-BETA2 and used CVSUP to move to
5.3-BETA3

I have installed Audacity and the first issue I have is if
I click the record button the entire system reboots!

I am able to read wave and mp3 files and manipulate them. I
also was able to export to mp3.

The listed device in the properties of Audacity is
something called: /dev/dsp

I am suspecting this is wrong because my sound card is:
/dev/pcm0 or /dev/csa (it is using crystal card chip set)

I cannot find anywhere to allow me to edit the device.
File/Preferences has a place that wants to allow selecting
a device but it only shows: /dev/dsp and it won't allow me
to edit.

I have NOT tried running Audacity as root.

I tried to deinstall and change the freebsd patch file that
provided this device but it wouldn't "make" with that
change so I had to change it back.

My goal is to be able to record LINE-IN to WAV. Any help
would be greatly appreciated. Better or different port
suggestion??

=====
Ben Hacker, Jr.
 Sr. Security Analyst