High xmms CPU usage

nocturnal nocturnal at swehack.se
Sun Nov 21 08:53:20 PST 2004

Hello

After i stripped my kernel of 486 and 586 cpu support my xmms has
started to use more cpu. It used to be that xmms took around 0-1% and
that was when i had it up on the desktop with visuals moving on it,
minimized it took nothing in cpu. Now it wobbles around 4-6% constantly
when i'm playing music, i noticed this pretty fast since it shows quite
well in the gkrellm application when you are used to seeing nothing at all.

System specs:
IBM Thinkpad R40 using pcm for sound on FreeBSD 4.10 with latest xmms port.
--

Med vänliga hälsningar

Stefan Midjich, Swebase AB
Tel: 042-20 15 00