[john@utzweb.net: Holy Crap! It WORKS!!!!! Re: MIDI test patch]

Mathew Kanner mat at cnd.mcgill.ca
Fri Nov 19 16:19:22 GMT 2004

Sure is nice to hear good news.
ps, it's Mathew with one 'T'.

----- Forwarded message from "John L.Utz III" <john at utzweb.net> -----

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:09:15 -0800
From: "John L.Utz III" <john at utzweb.net>
To: Mathew Kanner <mat at cnd.mcgill.ca>
Cc: freebsd-multimedia at freebsd.org
Subject: Holy Crap! It WORKS!!!!! Re: MIDI test patch

Hi Matt;

You might want to forward this good news to the list, i cant because my isp's
wholesailer cant seem to figure out how to fix/fake up my RCPT-TO header so my
mail to the list get's rejected.

reason this didnt work on my cmi chip was because i hadnt recompiled cmi.c :-(

duh!

bash-2.05b$ cat /dev/midistat
FreeBSD Midi Driver (midi2)
Installed devices:
 [0/0:provider mpu401]descr mpu401

wooooohooooo!!!!!! i can rock my world now.....

my keyboard scared the crap out of my wife and myself when i ran
Rush-2112_Overture.mid thru playmidi because the volume on the keyboard was
turned up from when i was using the rythm section to provide a beat whilst i
played guitar....i hadnt expected this to work :-)

great job! great great great job!

----- End forwarded message -----

--
	If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy.
			- Don Knuth