TV Tuner Card support under FreeBSD

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sat Nov 6 05:40:53 PST 2004

On Saturday, 6. November 2004 10:21, Aaron Walker wrote:
> I have access
> to two tv tuner cards, one a VisionTek Xtasy Everything (Geforce 2 MX
> 400 64M ViVo) and the other an ATI All In Wonder 128 (Rage 128 chipset
> 16M).

Both not supported by FreeBSD. The ATi All-in-Wonder cards are supported to
some degree by XFree86/xorg drivers (without the need for additional kernel
driver support) through the xvideo interface, but only very few tv-viewing
applications support this API (I personally only know xawtv), and usually
even that support is poor.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org