Sound recording and producing CDs

Ben H. strbenjr at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 11:18:39 PST 2004

Thanks for the reply!

I understand that these are in the ports tree and how to
install them.  That was how I found them.

My real question is are they the best tools available for
the job or should I consider different ports?  I would be
OK if you asked me to build a FreeBSD firewall or a web
server...

But... a sound recording box...  I need some Multimedia
Expert opinions before I get started... (down the wrong
road)

Ben

+-------[ Ben H. ]----------------------

| I am new at this sound stuff...

[snip]

| Does the following software work or...:
|
| Audio recording to HD:
| http://www.wakkanet.fi/~kaiv/ecasound/welcome.html

This is in the FreeBSD ports tree;

/usr/ports/audio/ecasound/

| CD Recording (DAO):
| http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/index.html

burncd is a standard tool on 4.x and 5.x series FreeBSD.
man burncd for more info.

| Audio & MIDI Sequ.:
| http://www.all-day-breakfast.com/rosegarden/index.html

This is in the FreeBSD ports tree;

/usr/ports/audio/rosegarden.

For more information about installing ports have a look
at;

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports.html

=====
Ben Hacker Jr            Sr. Security Analyst
 703.418.8004             2461 S. Clark Street
 strbenjr at yahoo.com       Arlington, VA   22202
 http://www.hackerweb.net/bthacker  ...remembering...