Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250 for FreeBSD 5.2

u431839553 at navab.net u431839553 at navab.net
Mon Mar 22 09:19:59 PST 2004

>>When I try cat /dev/cxm0 > file.mpg I get
>>"cat: /dev/cxm0: Device not configured" and dmesg says "cxm0: video
>>decoder isn't locked".
>>

>The driver defaults to channel 4 which is mapped to 62.25 MHz by the
>BG channel map used by the driver.  Is something broadcast on that
>frequency in your area and do you have a good antenna or cable
>connection attached to the coax connector on the card?

No broadcast there. Only one I got is my satellite on 647 MHz (ch 43),
but I use the composite input in Linux.

>Enclosed is a little utility for changing channels and selecting the
>input.

I get errors when using setchannel:

    # setchannel -c
    ioctl( tfd, METEORSINPUT ) failed.: Invalid argument

    # dmesg
    cxm0: video decoder failed to lock

When using the -t option:
    ioctl( tfd, METEORSINPUT ) failed.: Invalid argument
    ioctl( tfd, TVTUNER_SETCHNL ) failed.: Invalid argument

    # dmesg
    cxm0: video decoder failed to lock
    cxm0: audio decoder failed to lock